7.29.2010

The first 2 weeks.

This is how car rides go. I was originally afraid that Allison would touch and poke her face too much and I wouldn't be able to stop her while driving. But come to find out, all she wants to do is hold her baby hand. She also informs me of everything that she does in the car seat, which isn't much. So here is an example, "Mommy, my baby sister has her eyes open, mommy she's looking at me, her eyes are closed mommy, her eyes are open again mommy." It actually does help a little bit.

At 14 days old we offered Kennedy her first bottle of breastmilk. They say wait 2-3 weeks to make sure they are feeding well before giving them a bottle which is easier to drink. Then they might not want to feed again. So we waited the minimum bc she fed great from the day she was born. She also started at 7 lb 7 oz and dropped to 7 lb even by day 3. Then she was back up to 7 lb 3 oz by day 9 so she was gaining well which told us she was drinking enough.

She drank the bottle with ease and Greg was so excited to finally help with more than just burps and dirty diapers. He always loved feeding Allison. So now he can give her a bottle in the middle of the night or if I need to run an errand I'm not tied to her. And she has been feeding great ever since too.



Kennedy's "O" face!
I finally was able to snap a picture of this! She tends to make this funny face and stretch her legs out before a big blowout in her diaper. But it is so hilarious. The other funny face is the "turtle head" and the "milk high". The turtle head is when she stretches her head and neck out far and wrinkles her forhead with her jaw clenched. She looks like a little turtle was no teeth. The milk high is at the end of nursing when she just goes limp and lays there with her mouth open - slightly smiling and either staring off into space of just with her eyes close. I'm trying to get a picture of those too.




This is me messing around with my camera. Baby feet a week old.




Trying to get some pictures of Kennedy and Allison immediately jumps in. I want my picture too! I lub my baby sister so much mommy.... So I snapped her instead. :o)


Early morning nap time for Kennedy.


No comments:

Post a Comment