Two days before Christmas Eve the receptionist comes back to me at work and says, "Dr. Barta, Mrs. so and so is on the phone and she has a question for you that is not animal related at all. Do you want to take it?" So curiously I did. She is a good client of mine and I take care of her pets. She disclaimed herself by 'I'm sure you are either out of town or have other plans' but she let us know there was an issue at her church and they had planned this live nativity at the end of the Christmas Eve service but there was a mix up and they didn't have a baby Jesus. She said they could use a babydoll, but a real baby would be alot better. So she asked if baby Kennedy would like to be Baby Jesus. I oked it with Greg and we let Kennedy have her first acting roll.
Towards the end she went up on stage and asked a bunch of the children to come down for the reading of the Christmas Story from the bible. After they read it she said they were going to make an improptu nativity. She then took children volunteers for all the roles and had a trunk full of all the props and attire. It was cute, and the kids were really excited too. They started with Mary (a 16 year old girl I met before the service. She was the only pre-determined volunteer but they pretended she volunteered ont he spot). Then they got Joseph, 3 wise men, angels, a donkey, cows, a ram, the star, etc. Then at the end they said, but wait...we are missing the more important person of all! And Mary stepped down from the front and walked into the crowd (totally planned of course) and went up to me sitting several rows from the front and I hand her Kennedy. I had her dressed in a brown onsie with brown pants and a tan baby blanket. I don't think anyone noticed she was retro-modern baby Jesus with earrings. :o)
The congregation made their ews and ahs and people started snapping pictures. We got a couple pictures, although not the best, but to show you the basic scene. It was cute. They gave us a nice nativity ornament for our tree with the date and all to remember it by.
No comments:
Post a Comment