7.23.2011

Coke 400 - My First Nascar Experience

So Greg has a work event for the Daytona Nascar Coke 400 and got sky box tickets and I could go with him.  He then got one additional ticket and let me take a friend (yay! since its sometimes alot of shop talk at these events). So I took Kym with me, a very close friend that goes all the way back to elementary school.

 We have just arrived and are on the tram to take us down to the pit and pre-race area.  Keep in mind I know NOTHING about Nascar (other than it stands for Non Athletic Sport Centered Around Rednecks....jk!!!). But hey, I get open bar sky box tickets to any event and I'll go. :o) 

 Jeff Burton, which is the Catepillar driver, hangs out in our box for a while and meets us all.  (For those of you that don't know, Greg works for Cat...hence the Cat sky box tickets.)

 Us and Jeff Burton 31.




 His garage.

 The garages.

 I'm trying to fit in.  I actually overdressed. :o)


 We got to get up front for the free pre-concert.  It was Martina McBride.  It was pretty cool. 






 Here we are in the box.  Everyone got these headphones so we could listen to what the drivers were all saying. We kept hopping around channels to hear differents ones and watched the race with the announcer on the TV.
 Went out of the box to hear it for real. OMG so loud and instant headache!

 Overall it was a cool experience!

No comments:

Post a Comment