1.25.2012

Quotes from Allie

Jan 23 2012
Allison and I discussed jobs while laying in bed tonight. I explained I'm an animal doctor, some people are bakers, teachers, etc. It confused her that I'm an animal doctor but sometimes bake cakes at home. What was Mickey's job? I told her he comes to work with me sometimes to help save sick animals. He gives me his blood. "But he doesn't have a shrunken head?" She said. Then I got confused.

Jan 19 2012
Allison offered to help me do dishes. She put away tupperwares and sippy cups. Then she asked me, "mommy, since I helped you I would like 2 candies now." I think I just got swindled by a 4 year old (as she eats eats a kit kat).

Jan 18 2012
I over heard Allison tell Kennedy she's 5 years old. I corrected her and said that she is actually 4. She said, "I know mommy, I like to tell people I'm 5 so they think I'm bigger". I remember doing that...oh at about 18-20 years old. And so it already begins....

Jan 11 2012
Topic of conversation with Allison on the morning commute: Ke$has song Tik Tok is actually a Christmas song bc she says Ho Ho Ho Ho in the chorus.

Jan 9 2012
Air travel with kids tip: if you want to skip a long airport bathroom line or deboard the plane quickly, have your kid start screaming, "I'm gonna peepee my pants! I gotta peepee right now!" Works every time. :)

Allie: "This aiwplane potty is super icky & scary & smells like pyoopies. Its because they let boys in here. Dont touch anything but your pants." Followed later by the odd compliment, "Grandma your potty is super clean, so it was ok to touch all over the toilet".

Realize my 4 year old is getting too experienced with air travel when she blurts out while boarding, "mommy this aiwplane has nice tray tables!"

Jan 2 2012
Got the girls after work from my parents (who live in town and my kids see alot). Allison says as we are waving goodbye to Nana and Poppa driving away, "I really like those people. Let's not get rid of them ever."

Dec 30 2011
Reality: Greg is going off-shore fishing tomorrow with 3 co-workers. Allison's perspective: "So, daddy, you gonna go fishing tomorrow with your boyfriends to catch sharks? You probably are gonnna dance to I'm sexy and I knowd it when you and the boyfriends catch those sharks, right?"

Dec 14 2011
Allison told me when she is a grown up she's marrying her friend Preston and they are having 5 kids. That way there is alot more birthday parties so they can all eat cake more often together. Makes sense. I didn't tell her when you are a grown up you can actually just buy cake whenever you want.

Dec 3 2011
Parenting discussion with Allison. So there are 3 kinds of kissing: kissing your family which is a quick kiss, kissing that married people do which is longer but only on your wedding day, and kissing if you are a frog and need to turn back human. I was ok with her level if understanding.

Nov 26 2011
Allison got a glimpse of Santa's setup in the Avenues Mall. "Santa's chair is purple. Isnt that really girly?"

Nov 18 2011
Allison see Kennedy's chicken pox polka dots for the first time in the bathtub (mild case <30 pox). She blurts out in a frozen stunned horror with big eyes, "Mommy...I don't want to be next."

Nov 10 2011
A: "Today's xx's birfday at school!"
Me: "Isnt that the boy who punched you?"
A: "Well I dont like that mean boy, but ill eat his cupcake."


Nov 4 2011
Some of Allison's current dirty names: eyeball head, poopberry, toiletpaper face. I try to keep a straight face when we discuss these aren't nice names.

Oct 17 2011
Allison: "When is it going to be Naked Day at school?"

Oct 12 2011
Love is: Listening to "Who Let The Dogs Out" on repeat the entire way home from daycare at Allison's request.

Oct 5 2011
Allison has her first dirty name shes calling people: tootie eyeball head. When we discussed not calling pp names I asked her what it meant...when someone toots on their eyeball.

Oct 4 2011
Allison starts joyfully yelling from the bathroom, "mommy quick come here! I see a sideways bunny wabbit with widdle ears!!!" As I run in she's naked peering into the toilet with a smile. "My pyoopy looks like a bunny wabbit! Can you wipe my bum bum now?"

Sept 5 2011
Allison keeps making her Barbies "get married". So I asked her what does getting married mean. "It's just another reason to dance, mommy."

Sept 1 2011
When I told Allison she had her first homework tonight she joyfully jumped up and shouted "thank you"! little does she know she will eventually despise this. Mission: star with name and favs. "we have to have cinderella bc our eyes match!" She said.

Aug 16 2011
As I relax in a bubble bath Allison creeps into the bathroom. "Mommy, you've got poopy on your face!" It's not poopy, its called a mud mask. Then she touches it with her finger and looks at it and runs out with her finger in the air, "I'm telling daddy!"

No comments:

Post a Comment